The Story So Far...

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Children roasting on an open fire...


'tis not the season to be jolly, in terms of Yuletide, but more of the season to burn human effigies and give thanks that Guy Fawkes failed in his attempt four hundred years ago to blow up the House of Lords in London.

S'funny, 'cos the older I get I can't help but wonder what kind of positive difference it might have made?! Don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate of terrorism or anything like that. In fact, I'm a staunch opponent of terrorists who allege that they are engaged in a 'war' with the establishment.

Anyways...back to the issue. Fireworks, that's the thing. I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. Why should these things be sold to members of the public who are, in the main, inept in the operation of the same? They are wholly dangerous and should be retained for public fireworks displays only. There, 'nuff said. Boy, am I getting right wing in my old age.

Mind you, as I write this I can hear the jolly crackle and bang of fireworks resounding across the neighbourhood and it does sound nice. Comforting in a funny sort of way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home